International Society of Explosives Engineers | Hybrid/Cleveland, OH
The International Society of Explosives Engineers (ISEE), a 501(c)(6) professional society located in the southeast suburbs of Cleveland, is hiring a bookkeeper to join our team! This position is responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for our company, depositing payments, paying bills and ensuring our month-end actuals are timely and accurate.
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports
- Receive and open mail
- Responsible for accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Timely deposit of checks and payment of bills
- Enter all employee payroll information into portal to ensure staff is paid correctly and on time
- Work with the foundation to provide scholarships to award recipients
- Work with staff leads in conference, membership, publications and journals to ensure correct capture of revenues and expenses
- Develop and analyze reporting for business operations and budgets
- Perform audits, ensuring adherence to standard requirements
- Create new processes to improve financial efficiency
- Report analysis and findings to management team
- Previous experience in accounting or other related fields
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with current computer accounting programs and reporting tools such as QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Travel to the ISEE Annual Conference is expected for this position. The 2024 annual conference takes place Jan. 22-28, 2024, in Savannah, Georgia.
This is an exempt position with a salary in the mid- to upper $50,000s. Benefits include:
- Insurance (medical, vision and dental)
- 401(k) with matching
- 2 weeks' vacation
- Membership in the American Society of Association Executives
- Annual training budget up to $2,500 with executive director approval.
The position is based in ISEE’s Warrensville Heights, Ohio office (southeast of Cleveland).
The International Society of Explosives Engineers is a 501(c)(6) professional association celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2024. Comprised of approximately 3,000 members across the world, the society provides education and training, resources, conferences and webinars, and connections to assist our members conduct their jobs safely.
In addition to the society, ISEE has a 501(c)3 educational foundation providing scholarships to students across the world pursing degrees related to our industry.
Please send cover letter and resume email@example.com by Nov. 1, 2023, with the subject heading ISEE BOOKKEEPER POSITION.