Marketing & Communications Specialist
Ohio Association of Broadcasters | Columbus, Ohio
The Ohio Association of Broadcasters (OAB) is the trade association for over-the-air radio and television stations in Ohio. With more than 90% of stations in our membership, we provide advocacy, compliance and training resources to support our members in their service to local communities.
Overview of Position
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for planning and executing effective marketing and communication strategies, assisting with marketing campaigns, event planning and social media management.
This position requires a strong customer focus (with both internal and external customers), attention to detail, reliability and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Execute communication strategies in accordance with association standards and goals.
- Coordinate the management of printed guides and association reports to the OAB membership.
- Maintain a catalog of communication content.
- Ensure consistent branding is applied to member communications.
- Execute a social media plan for OAB.
- Assist in development of association marketing strategies.
- Implement and execute marketing campaigns for all association programs, services and events.
- Coordinate and copywrite marketing and informational materials for OAB programs and services to targeted audiences.
- Monitor and maintain all website content to ensure that all information is up to date.
Member Programs & Events
- Manage and support administration of member programs, which may include coordinating with participating stations, outside partners, interacting with members and processing appropriate paperwork.
- Support planning and execution of in-person and virtual events, meetings, and workshops.
- Serve as primary coordinator for association’s membership database, maintaining member records and data validation processes.
- Manage vendor and contractor relationships through collaboration and effective project management.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Candidate Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of two (2) year’s work experience, preferably in marketing communications.
- Previous experience with an association or non-profit preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of: WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, and project management.
- Advanced knowledge and use of MS Office Suite (including Word and Excel proficiency).
- Experience with HTML, Analytics, Web technology, SEO desired.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under deadline.
The OAB is an equal opportunity employer. We offer salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
To apply: Please send resume with cover letter by email to email@example.com .
To view this posting as a pdf, please select this link.