Ohio Farm Bureau Federation
The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking an experienced Web Developer with proven experience in installing, upgrading and maintaining web servers and associated operating systems.
- Knowledge of database development, including working with MySQL and SQL Server.
- Experience with computer graphic and multimedia design.
- Proven ability to manage projects.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Desire to stay updated on and use current and new technologies.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Minimum skills include (3) three years’ experience in designing and building web-based applications and advanced program knowledge.
- In addition, the ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of a membership organization and a general knowledge and interest in Ohio agriculture.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate is setting organizational web development strategy.
- Define website architecture and overall site structure.
- Establish policies and procedures for publishing web pages and applications in conjunction with content creators.
- Conduct research into current and emerging web technologies and issues in support of web development efforts.
- Install and configure HTTP servers and associated operating systems.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new web features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers.
- Oversee web development projects, including intranets and extranets
- Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document company web applications and sites.
- Update web pages to ensure site accuracy and currency.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing web applications and sites.
- Work with database administrator to design, develop, and update databases as they relate to web applications.
- Ensure security of all websites and related applications.
- Perform periodic website audits.
- Monitor and report on website traffic and performance.
- Help desk tickets support.
About the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation:
Mission – Working together for Ohio farmers to advance agriculture and strengthen our communities.
The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is a grassroots membership organization that supports programs that ensure the growth of Ohio food and farms, such as advocating for good government policy, developing opportunities for young farmers, providing student scholarships and grants, supporting Ohio food efforts, creating food literacy programs for kids, hosting community building events and funding efforts to protect the environment, water quality, farmland preservation and more.
To apply: Please respond with a cover letter and resume with salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline for submissions is June 1, 2020.