Ohio Farm Bureau Federation
The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking a System Administrator candidate with working technical knowledge of network, Virtualization, PC and platform operating systems including Windows and Desktop, VMware, Ubuntu and FortiOS.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems, software, protocols and standards, including firewalls, Active Directory and Google G-Suite.
- Manage computer software systems and network connections with extensive application support experience, hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience and data management.
- Planning and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with the Organization’s goals and industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Information Technology or Computer Science Degree preferred and (3) three years systems engineering experience.
- In addition, the ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of an association and general knowledge and interest in Ohio agriculture.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in and support capacity planning and development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Deploy and manage workstations, virtual desktops, servers, printers, scanners, firewalls, encryption systems and all host security.
- Manage all operating systems and end-user software.
- Manage communications and connection solutions including workstation connectivity, local area networks, VPN’s and phones (8x8 phone system).
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best practices regarding privacy, security and regulatory compliance.
- Manage storage infrastructure.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights and storage allocations in accordance to business needs and industry best practices regarding privacy, security and regulatory compliance.
- Perform network and security audits, test routine backups and restores.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, input/output fleet and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Support application development teams throughout project life-cycles.
- Analyze system, server, application, network and input/output device performance.
- Recommend, schedule and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, re-configurations and/or purchases.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Ensure all computer systems are backed up and appropriately recoverable.
- Help desk tickets support.
About the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation:
Mission – Working together for Ohio farmers to advance agriculture and strengthen our communities.
The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is a grassroots membership organization that supports programs that ensure the growth of Ohio food and farms, such as advocating for good government policy, developing opportunities for young farmers, providing student scholarships and grants, supporting Ohio food efforts, creating food literacy programs for kids, hosting community building events and funding efforts to protect the environment, water quality, farmland preservation and more.
To apply: Please respond with a cover letter and resume with salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submissions is June 1, 2020.