American Society for Nondestructive Testing
The American Society for Nondestructive Testing Inc. (ASNT), the world's largest technical society for nondestructive testing professionals, seeks an Assistant Editor. The Assistant Editor reports to the Director of Publications and works in close concert with the Periodicals Editor, Advertising Supervisor, and Production Manager to develop the Society’s monthly periodical, Materials Evaluation.
The Assistant Editor is also the International Service Center point of contact for Research in Nondestructive Evaluation. The Assistant Editor also functions as the Co-Editor of NDTMarketplace, a biannual product guide, and as Library Support Specialist. The Library Support Specialist provides, on a part-time basis, administrative support to both internal and external customers and general maintenance of the ASNT Library archives.
Professional Profile and Job Requirements
- Degree in English, journalism, technical writing, or related field
- Minimum three years’ experience in editing or proofreading
- Demonstrated competencies in print and digital publishing processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of languages, advanced mathematics, and strong interest in science and technology
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple assignments at one time
- Ability to work with and represent the Society to outside members and volunteers
- Proficiency with:
- Microsoft 365 (including MathType)
- Working knowledge of Mac OS
- Working knowledge of Desktop Publishing software (Quark)
- Working knowledge of digital publishing preferred
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com . No phone calls, please.