Communications and Marketing Coordinator
College of Optometrists in Vision Development
The College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) is a non-profit, international membership association of eye care professionals including optometrists, optometry students, and vision therapists with the mission to improve lives by advancing excellence in optometric vison therapy and rehabilitation through education and board certification. COVD is currently looking to hire a Communications and Marketing Coordinator.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the overall management and day-to-day communications and marketing operations for COVD. This role will focus on, but not be limited to, increasing the reach, impact, and visibility of COVD through the delivery of high value and influential marketing, communications, and PR, in the US and internationally. This role will work to market to new and potential members and customers, as well as develop and create outstanding communication to existing stakeholders such as existing members, chapters, and volunteers, and will work to increase awareness of vision therapy to the public.
This role will support and help execute with guidance from the Executive Director on strategy, messaging, policies, and best practices around all COVD communication, marketing, and branding efforts. This includes the development of not only COVD’s story, content, and overall marketing and communication plans but also the execution across multiple media sources such as website, social media, digital advertising, events, etc.
- Manage email campaigns, develop email testing and segmentation when appropriate
- Compile email lists and other data inquiries and perform research and analyze data for new projects or existing projects to measure against metrics to evaluate success and help modify strategy and tactics as needed
- Create original, error-free, clear and concise copy for website content, promotional materials, blog entries, and e-blasts which ensures compelling and effective communication
- Writes copy for website, membership promos, and other products and services
- Reviews and updates all communications (internal and external) and marketing products
- Responsible for keeping website content current
- Responsible for adhering to project deadlines and managing project calendars
- Implement marketing activities for annual meeting and COVD exhibit booth activities, including fulfilling promotions and products, shipping, ordering giveaways, print needs for exhibit booth, etc.
- Coordinate photography, videography, and any other testimonial or tools to assist in future marketing and online education efforts
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, media, or communications
- Capable of telling a story using words, images, and/or videos and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience, leveraging analytics to direct continuous improvement
- Have a good understanding of print media, social media, and digital marketing and communication platforms
- Creative thinker capable of working on diverse and wide-ranging communication strategies across all forms of media with the ability to transform creative ideas into practical reality
- Strong organizational and project management skills, able to plan, meet deadlines, and prioritize projects
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including editing and proofreading
- Ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of people, both internally and externally
- Experience in marketing and communications for an international audience preferred but not required
- Must be able to work independently and must have the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement regarding matters of significance and confidentiality
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent customer service ethics and responsiveness
- Must be able and willing to travel to and actively participate in COVD’s annual meeting and possibly to other events to represent COVD
- Interest in obtaining advanced knowledge in areas specific to nonprofit marketing and communications
- Other duties as required
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience working with and guiding volunteer committees and boards in an association environment
- Experience interacting with vendors and sponsors to enhance existing relationships and build new opportunities
- Knowledge of web based membership database(s), YourMembership software (part of Community Brands), preferred but not required
- Experience with Constant Contact
- Experience with web-based collaboration tools (e.g., GoToMeeting, Dropbox, OneDrive)
To apply, please send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and at least three samples or examples which display your creativity and skills related to this position to email@example.com .