Ohio Fire Chiefs' Association
Located in Worthington, Ohio, the Ohio Fire Chiefs' Association (OFCA) is a statewide organization supporting the interests of Ohio's fire chief officers. Through a variety of programs and services, the OFCA provides education and professional development, legislative advocacy, communication and information exchange, and peer networking opportunities throughout the year. Through the work of its dedicated board of directors and committee volunteers and professional staff, OFCA continually focuses on being the premier fire and emergency services organization in the state of Ohio. The Ohio Fire Chiefs' Association exists to improve the safety of Ohio by leading, representing, educating, and supporting Ohio's emergency services.
About the Position
If you are seeking a company that will offer an opportunity to utilize your strong interpersonal, administrative, and multi-tasking skill sets; develop your career; and be part of our growth and success, then this job is for you! The OFCA is looking for an energetic, organized, and resourceful candidate to handle administrative and receptionist duties full-time at the OFCA Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. The main role is to ensure smooth office operations on a day-to-day basis. The candidate will also be responsible for website and database maintenance, some membership functions, as well as event preparations, as needed. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who is eager to work with the OFCA team.
- Welcome office guests and visitors
- Assist with aspects of office operations such as: maintaining supplies and equipment, sorting mail, etc.
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram)
- Answer phone calls and direct caller to relevant staff, or take message
- Assist staff with event preparations, travel accommodations, etc.
- Other duties, as assigned
Skill Requirements and Professional Qualities
- Proficient in MS Office (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Exceptional communication skills and organizational skills
- Knowledge of social media
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Capacity to work both independently and cooperatively
- Essential qualities: dependable, punctual, resourceful, detailed orientated, adaptable, friendly, and possesses professional attitude and appearance
- 1-2 years’ experience in a receptionist and/or administrative function
The Ohio Fire Chiefs’ Association is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, or disability.
The salary range for this position is $35,000 - $38,000, based on experience. OFCA also offers health insurance, PTO, paid holidays, and a retirement plan.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2019.