Vice President of Education and Engagement
Ohio Trucking Association and Ohio Association of Movers
Ohio Trucking Association and Ohio Association of Movers seek an experienced, creative professional to develop and implement education programs to meet the needs of the industry. This VP also develops and implements a plan to engage members, regulators, and industry professionals to actively participate in the Associations. This key leadership role requires a self-starter who is passionate about motivating members to learn and grow and become more involved in their association. In collaboration with other staff leaders, the VP of education and engagement plays a pivotal role implementing initiatives that keep members for life and attract new members.
Responsible for driving and advancing the development, management, delivery and measurement of OTA's and OAM’s educational content and professional development offerings including live and virtual events, as well as identifying and creating new educational offerings based on member interest and industry trends
- Evaluate existing training programs and new education needs of stakeholders
- Be the leader in industry information and trends in order to enhance the Associations’ value proposition to members and potential members. Ensure that the organizations’ program offerings align with what members and other stakeholders need and seek from OTA/OAM
- Implement a comprehensive plan to increase enthusiastic engagement of members, regulators, and industry professionals in association programs
- Develop and manage the Association’s sections based on the different disciplines of the industry
- Manage the Ohio Association of Movers tariff by open and cooperative efforts with the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
- Participate in positioning the organizations for excellence in program quality; understand and communicate the organizations’ value proposition
- Serve as effective staff leader for appropriate committees
- Develop and deliver meaningful association experiences for stakeholders and rewarding volunteer opportunities
- Utilize strategic vision to enhance OTA/OAM educational, professional development and member engagement programs
- Experience in directing adult education programs in person and virtually
- Demonstrated success in researching and developing a wide variety of educational offerings, including materials and methods; evaluating and updating education programs and partners to keep current with best practices and emerging industry trends
- Strong customer service experience, and ability to coordinate and supervise volunteer efforts
- Committee liaison experience
- Self-motivated, creative, team player able to meet deadlines
- Experienced in budget planning and performance, marketing and program analysis
- Strategic thinker who executes
About OTA and OAM
The Ohio Trucking Association is a 100-year-old association based in the Columbus area. Under new leadership OTA has seen significant growth in all areas but particularly in the area of educational offerings. The average annual budget has grown to over $1.3M in the past five years with goals to take that to over $1.6M in the next five years with education being the largest driver of that growth. Recently the Association purchased a building we are planning on developing into a training center.
To apply: OTA and OAM have retained Nancy Rummel of Nancy Rummel & Associates to assist in this search. Candidates should submit a letter of interest with salary requirement and resume to: Nancy@nancyrummel.com .
Deadline for application is April 6, 2019.