Communications and Events Coordinator
Ohio Hotel & Lodging Association
OH&LA, one of America’s oldest hotel associations, has a unique opportunity to join our team. You will contribute to our mission of providing information, education, advocacy and resources to Ohio’s lodging industry, while promoting and assisting the continued growth of Ohio’s hospitality and tourism industry.
Responsibilities for this key position includes assisting in the conceptualization, creation and execution of communications; assisting in the development of education and events programming including Annual Conference, awards dinner and local councils; support related to membership and services; and general office administration.
Position will report to and work with Executive Director, while collaborating with and receiving additional direction and oversight from Directors of Operations and Membership. This is a cross-training opportunity, with the chance to be involved in and impact many aspects of a statewide business association.
Examples of duties include:
- Creating and managing e-newsletter, website, social media and marketing materials
- Distribution of news releases, event invitations, promotional content, and other email blasts, mail campaigns or related communication
- Assisting the planning and execution of Annual Conference, awards events, local lodging council meetings, and Legislative Day
- Management and verification of event registration and payment activities
- Provides guidance to intern candidates on specific projects
- Basic maintenance of the association database system
- Data verification and entry and updating related to membership and volunteer activity
- Production of data reports and queries on request
- Production and distribution of membership-related and special group mailings and emails
- Fulfillment of new member materials and specific requests
- Research assistance regarding services and benefits programs
- Routine prospect identification
- Basic office duties
Requirements for this position: Four-year degree or equivalent, with preference for focus in disciplines related to duties of this position; knowledge of basic website design and principles; familiarity with membership or customer database tools; use of social media platforms; use of design/publishing software; MS Office suite; customer service; event experience; business writing skills; follow-through and attention to detail. Association experience helpful.
This is a full-time, salaried position in our Columbus, OH office. OH&LA offers health care benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, 401K, professional development opportunities, and other benefits to qualified employees. Our management philosophy puts people first. EOE.
To help us determine if this position might be a good fit for you, please forward a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and any related information to email@example.com. No calls please prior to interviews being scheduled.